Happy Friday, we made it! I don’t know about you but I just did the happy dance and ready to start the weekend. Usually, I would carve out some personal time for pure relaxation. This means everyone leave me alone, turn off my phone, unplug (in my case just the opposite, you’ll see) and chillax. For the past few years, I have been very interested in audio and the world around it. I would like to think of myself as an audio enthusiast. I have PowPowPoof’ed numerous earphones and headphones as of late, all ranging from mid to highend. But when it’s time to pull out my preferred pair for that FULL audio experience, I always know what I want.
OK, so you’re probably wondering what the heck is all this. Before I tell you what came in the box, let me say this, these earphones are simply amazing…!
What’s included in the box:
- Magnetic Black Box for Storage (Everything goes in here)
- Clear Carrying Case for Transport (Yes, everything will fit + air tight)
- Black Shure Branded Cleaning Cloth
- Small Earphone Carrying Case
- Bunch of Ear Inserts (Soft Flex, Soft Foam, Triple-Flange, etc.)
- 3 x Interchangeable Nozzle Inserts (Customize Listening Experience)
- Spare Cable (one is longer)
- Inline Volume
- And of course the Earphones (Save the Best for Last)
Specs from Shure:
|Sensitivity||114 dB SPL/mW|
|Frequency Range||15 Hz–20 kHz|
|Cable Style||Detachable cables with wireform fit|
|Cable Length||46″ and 64″|
|Speaker Type||Quad High-Definition MicroDrivers|
QUAD HIGH-DEFINITION MICRODRIVERS WITH TRUE SUBWOOFER
- For extended high-end clarity and unparalleled low-end performance
- Four custom-engineered, balanced armature drivers tailored to blend precisely with each other
- Three-way system configuration for dedicated low-, mid-, and high-frequency distribution
PATENT-PENDING DESIGN FOR UNPARALLELED LOW END
- Groundbreaking low-pass filter enables low-end rolloff at ~3 dB at 90 Hz (~10 dB at 250 Hz)—the previously unattainable deep low-end performance of a true subwoofer—without sacrificing clarity or detail
- Ten precision-welded, stainless steel plates form 4 inches of high acoustic mass pathway, naturally enabling low frequency rolloff to begin at about 75 Hz without distortion or artifacts
UNMATCHED PERSONALIZATION AND COMFORT
- Customizable Frequency Response
- Adjustable sound signatures via changeable nozzle inserts and removable metal nozzle (balanced, warm, and bright options included)
- Ergonomic, Flexible Design
- Lightweight, low-profile shape with optimized nozzle angle designed to rest comfortably in the ear
- Over-the-ear configuration keeps cables out of the way
- Detachable Cable with Wireform Fit
- Durable Kevlar™ reinforced cables with formable wire ensure secure placement
- MMCX connector with lock-snap mechanism allows easy replacement and provides 360-degree rotation to optimize fit
- Two included cable lengths (46″ and 64″) for flexible wearing options
DURABLE, SOPHISTICATED DESIGN
- Comfortable Sound Isolating sleeves block up to 37 dB of ambient noise, whether onstage or on-the-go
- Removable cable and nozzle components ensure a long product life by providing easy and efficient cleaning and part replacement
- Rugged, ergonomic housing with sweat-resistant construction withstands the extremes of onstage or everyday wear
- Crystal-clear housing allows a view of the precision-engineered, laser-etched components of the interior (SE846-CL only)
Here are my Pros and Cons.
- Amazing Sound (you have to hear for yourself)
- Amazing Bass (it’s all about the bass)
- Build Quality
- Rotating Ear Phones (wires will not tangle)
- Numerous Ear Inserts
- Sturdy Carry Case
- Price (pricey, check out latest here )
- Mini Lego Hulk Not Included 🙂
Now that we got all the tech data out of the way, let’s put them on. First, you’ll need to find the ear insert that fits best. Personally, I like the compressed inserts, you squeeze them down and insert. Once you release, they will slowly expand until you hear complete silence. FYI, it’s extremely important to find the right insert since audio quality is directly related to a proper seal, sound isolation at its best.
Price aside, this thing is amazing (I think I said that already). Playing your favorite tunes, you’ll hear and feel every beat to it’s fullest. If you have music that is high in bitrate, it will sound absolutely perfect. What I like the most is the amount of bass it kicks out. It barely uses any power but it generates an impressive amount of bass. Technically, these can also be used for both personal listening (what I use it for) and a In-ear Monitoring. An In-ear Monitor can be used by musicians and audio engineers to hear a mix of vocals/stage instruments for live performances/studio recording. I personally don’t have a need for this use case but if you do, keep that in mind.
To own these, it’s going to cost a pretty penny. But if you’re looking for something that will last for a very long time and deliver exceptional performance, go check it out. For me it was at the high end of what I wanted to spend but I am happy with what I got. I do own other headphones that are quite good, will have to post a follow-up blog post in the future. Most of the time you get what you paid for and in this situation, it was no different. I would highly recommend this product if you have a few dollars to splurge.
If you own a pair or looking to buy, drop us a comment below. Time to start the weekend!
Until Next Time,